If you want to get into the US for any reason, you’re going to need a visa. You can apply for a visa for a number of reasons. It is possible to apply for a visa by yourself. However, it’s much easier, faster, and more effective to hire a visa lawyer. A work visa lawyer can help you enter the country to find a job. In addition, a VAWA lawyer can help non-citizen residents escape from abusive relationships.

Villalobos and Associates has represented clients as visa lawyers for more than 40 years. In fact, we even have an immigration law specialist on-staff. Attorney Beatriz Matias is a talented young work visa lawyer who learned the law in the Chicagoland area. In addition, she’s a skilled and dedicated VAWA lawyer. Therefore, you can trust Villalobos and Associates as a premier visa law firm in the local area.

We represent clients in the courthouses in Cook, Dupage, Lake, Will, and Kane counties. Our lawyers help clients from all over the Chicagoland area, including the following neighborhoods:

  • Little Village

  • Heart of Chicago

  • Lower West Side

  • Pilsen

  • Wicker Park

  • Lincoln Park

  • Humboldt Park

  • Ukrainian Village

  • Logan Square

  • Lake View

  • Roscoe Village

  • Bucktown

Work Visa Lawyer

To the average person, immigration law might as well be a foreign language. For example, many people don’t know the differences between a “visa” and a “green card.” However, there are some key differences between the two. In general, a visa allows you to legally enter a country. In contrast, a green card allows you to live and work legally in the US. Therefore, you need to get a visa before you can apply for a green card. Additionally, a visa has an expiration date. In contrast, a green card lets you stay in the US as long as you want. Still not quite sure? Don’t worry. It’s a little complex. However, a visa lawyer can help explain the differences to you.

You can apply for a visa for a few different reasons. For example, a work visa is a specific type of visa that you can get with a work visa lawyer. It’s also known as a work permit. A work visa is a document that will allow you to enter the US for a specific amount of time for a job. For example, you could get a work visa to perform seasonal work in the US. Intellectuals and artists from other countries also use this type of visa. In addition, you can apply for other kinds of visas such as a student visa. This document will allow you to study in the US. If this all seems a little complex, that’s because it is. However, a work visa lawyer can help you understand visa laws.

VAWA Lawyer

A VAWA visa is a special kind of permit for battered women to escape their husbands. It gives them a legal recourse to leave abusive spouses. For example, say you are a woman who immigrated to the US and married a US citizen. However, after your wedding your husband becomes abusive. He may become angry and verbally or physically assault you. In this case, you need to act. And a VAWA lawyer can help. A VAWA lawyer is a specialized visa lawyer that can complete the pages of paperwork and collect the evidence you need to build your case. In addition, a VAWA lawyer can act discreetly. Therefore, you can keep your case secret from your spouse.

Visa Lawyers Near Me

Last but not least, it’s important to find a local visa lawyer. Visa lawyers near me understand the area you live in. As a result, they’ll understand your situation. At Villalobos and Associates, we pride ourselves in being dedicated visa lawyers in the Will County, IL area. If you need an immigration lawyer, don’t wait. Call Villalobos and Associates today to schedule your consultation.